Here is an ancient list of the benefits of loving kindness practice. For a guided meditation see my previous post:
1. You will sleep easily.
2. You will wake easily.
3. You will have pleasant dreams.
4. People will love you.
5. Angels and animals will love you..
6. Angels will protect you.
7. Poisons, weapons and fire will not harm you.
8. Your face will be radiant.
9. Your mind will be serene.
10. You will die unconfused.
11. You will be reborn in happy realms.
I can only attest to some of these benefits. Mostly, this practice cultivates a much greater sense of love and tenderheartedness.
About the Author
Rev. Arvid Straube has been helping people grow spiritually for more than 35 years as a Unitarian Universalist parish minister. He has been practicing and teaching Vipassana
meditation for over 20 years, studying with many teachers including Joseph Goldstein, Thich Nhat Hanh and Shinzen Young.