- You have less suffering. You are less plagued by resentment, self-pity, negative judgment of self and others and envy. You are able to take the bumps and hardships of life with greater calm and equanimity.
- You have more fulfillment. You experience gratitude for your life and the many joys and gifts that you have been given. You enjoy your loved ones, your friends, your community, your activities and your material goods. Nature nurtures you. You feel your life matters.
- You have more insights. You see more and more the interconnections between your own existence and the world at large. You intuitively sense the right action to take more often.
- You have more positive behaviors and fewer negative behaviors. You find yourself being kinder and more patient with other. You are less judgmental. You may find yourself having an easier time letting go of unproductive habits. You may find it is easier to take good care of yourself.
- You have a natural tendency to act more compassionately and to serve others.
I’d say if a spiritual path does not result in these signs of progress in the long run, you may want to look closely at what path you are on.